Before conceiving the idea about NRCTC-N, it was well understood that no household, family, and community could progress and attain prosperity having differing opinions and mistrust to one another. To facilitate gaining common grounds through win-win working approach the statute of NRCTC-N incorporates following broad-based objectives:
- To be an unprofitable and public-oriented social organization.
- To produce mediators through basic and advance mediation training and mobilize them to transform conflict existing in community level and contribute to the peacebuilding
- To study, research and document natural resource-based conflicts and their transformation experiences in Nepalese communities.
- To produce and mobilize skilled human resource in the transformation of natural resource-based
- To establish a Resource Center on natural resource-based conflict transformation.
- To study and conduct research on the status of natural resources and contributions it can create in the livelihood of people.
- To support the livelihood of people through integrated management of natural resources and by creating employment opportunities through enterprises development.
- To study the impacts of global climate change and work for the minimization of its effects.
- To share work experiences, good practices, lesson learned, research-based analytical reports, articles, and achievements across the national and international arena.
- To contribute to the peacebuilding process by transforming community level conflicts through the mobilization of skilled human resources produced through basic and advanced mediation training.