1. Natural Resource Conflict Transformation Project- “Anchoring the Web-Iv Phase”
NRCTC-N has implemented Natural Resource Conflict Transformation Project (NRCTP) “Anchoring the Web Phase-IV” under the financial and technical support of US donor agency, TMF. The project duration of NRCTP-III phase is two years from February 1, 2016 to January 31, 2018. The overall goal of the program is to contribute in conflict transformation and peace building process focused on natural resources management through capacity building and mobilizing of local, regional and national resource team.
Objectives of the projects are
i. To transform 81 natural resource based conflicts in local communities by mobilizing facilitators,NRPs and regional/central project team.
ii. To orient about natural resource conflict transformation project’s overall goal, objectives, geographical coverage, strategies, and project updates among concerned stakeholders, government bodies, journalists, political party’s representatives and program implementing partners.
iii. To document and disseminate good practices and lessons learned through practice sharing and learning/experience sharing workshop and publication of success story, newsletter, and other IEC materials on conflict transformation process
iv. To create awareness on conflict transformation process through mobilization of media (FM/radio, print media, website, etc.)
v. To conduct seven module modular training and produce31capable human resource for facilitation in conflict cases.
2) Community Mediation Program
Community mediation program has been launched in 5 severely earthquake affected districts; Kavre, Sindhupalchok, Dolakha, Nuwakot and Rasuwa. The program was launched under the financial support of The Asia Foundation for the duration of September 1, 2015 to July 2017. The overall goal of the program is to promote peace and culture of dialogue in the societies by resolving local level disputes through community mediation approach. Other specific objectives are;
- To strengthen the capacity of 2520 mediators to transform conflict cases through basic and advance level mediation training.
- To resolve different interpersonal and multi-stakeholder conflicts in local communities by mobilizing/building local capacities of mediators, interlocutors and dialogue for a members through a process of expansion and deepening community mediation approach.
- To prepare referral directory through mapping of existing access to justice and other social support services at lower level and orient mediators/service providers on prepared guideline to enhance their ability to recognize referral-warranted cases.
- To conduct VDC and district level practice sharing workshops bringing mediators and other service providers involved in mediation program for maximizing the opportunities of peer interaction and learning.
- To prepare case studies on community mediation and digital database on total cases registered, types of cases and breakdown of disputants etc. in a timely manner.