Process proposal; Kanchanpur Published date: August 27, 2015
Process proposal on conflict transformation has been passed through a joint meeting in the conflict of land between Milan Hariyali Women’s Group and Jokhim Niyantran Women’s Group of Daiji 5 Bhamka, Kanchanpur. The joint meeting was organized on August 27, 2015 amid a crowd of 183 participants from conflicting parties, local people and representatives from various stakeholder organizations. This meeting has passed the following 12 points on process proposal.
- The solution to this conflict will be identified through dialogue based on the conflict transformation program implemented by NRCTC-N.
- The issues of all concerned parties will be addressed through the common issue which will be passed through the joint meeting; all agreeable alternatives to the common issue will be identified and the agreement will be implemented properly.
- All the decisions taken during the conflict transformation process will be done in a participatory way ensuring that no one is left out of the decision making process.
- All the activities of conflict transformation program will be performed in a transparent way without hiding any details from anyone.
- The conflict facilitators and the spider team will not be biased.
- The date, venue, time of meeting and joint meetings will be decided in a participatory way.
- While working through the conflict transformation process, all parties should be concerned not to say insulting words or behave in way that could hurt people and soil their reputation in the society.
- While working through the conflict transformation process, if any new problems or developments linked with the conflict is seen, then the spiders or facilitators should be immediately informed about it and all parties should help however they can to resolve that issue.
- The conflict transformation process takes time, so all concerned parties should make time for meetings and actively participate in meetings informed by the spiders.
- The conflict facilitators will coordinate with the conflict resolution and boundary delineation committee formed to find the solution of this conflict in the past.
- All concerned parties should review each other’s faults in the past and commit to not repeat them.
- All concerned parties will cooperate to pass the common issue in this conflict by September 5, 2015 and pass the agreement in this conflict by September 17, 2015.