Mediators Selection Orientation Published date: September 10, 2015
Under CMRC program, the orientation program on mediator selection process has been held successfully on September 10, 2015 in the presence of 19 mediator selectors of Kavre and Shindhupalchok districts. The orientation program was organized at NRCTC-N’s central office and was facilitated by Mr. Chup Bahadur Thapa and Mr. Hari Prasad Pandit, advocate and well known personnel in the sector of mediation. In the program, the selectors were orientated on participatory and community based approach of mediator selection process. In addition to this, they were orientated on the basic concept of mediation and their overall responsibility in the mediator selection process. They were also briefed on required qualities in mediators as well as their roles in community mediation. Following are some criterias that need to be met while selecting the mediators.
- He/ She should be the permanent resident of the VDC/municipality he/she is responsible for.
- He/ She should be a Nepali citizen at least 25 years old.
- He/ She should be physically and mentally healthy.
- Mediators should be selected in an inclusive way.
- He/ She should not be actively involved in Politics.
- He/ She should not have been convicted for any kind of criminal offence.
- He/ She should be a respectable person in the society with interest in social work.
- He/ She should have at least basic (Lower Secondary School) academic qualification.